ASJ Publishing is a Hybrid publishing company, registered in Australia, Philippines and soon in UK.
We have two main publishing packages we offer authors.
Standard Package: Cost is 3200GBP.
Children Book or Cookbook Package: Cost is 4400GBP.
Cost for both packages includes:
* Full Professional Editing and Proof Copy (Print) of manuscript
* Formatting for Digital and Print release
* Professionally designed book cover by one of our Graphic Artists
* Assignment of ISBN/ASIN
* Inclusion in catalogs to libraries and book catalogs worldwide
* Sent to 1 of the major book festivals worldwide (Frankfurt Book Fair, London Book Fair, Bologna Book Fair)
* Inclusion in our exclusive catalog with a foreign rights agency in China
* Online Book Club Review
* Released first as Ebook, then Print
* Press release
* Virtual Book Tour and Book/Release Blast through one of the main Virtual Book
* 40% discount on orders of your own books (We provide you an initial 20 copies free)
* Connection to brick and mortar book stores to stock copies of your book, plus where possible, arrange book signings in your regional area.
* Print release marked as “returnable” on Ingram (Only selected for the country you live in)
* Children’s Picture Books and Cookbooks are also released through Ingram as Hardcover.
* Children’s Books are also released as Audiobook.
How to Submit a Manuscript
* Send submissions by email attachment in either rtf (Rich Text Format) or .doc (Microsoft Office). (No PDF files please)
* On the first page include your name and your email/contact information. Often your manuscript will be separated from your email so we have no way of contacting you if we need to get back to you.
* The manuscript must be completed. We don’t accept “ideas” for a novel, or partly finished manuscripts unless they are with one of our prior authors.
* Don’t send us your first try or a draft. Make sure your book in polished and all of your typos are corrected. Manuscripts with poor spelling and grammar will be rejected.
* Please do not send a full manuscript at this time. If we want a full manuscript, we will request one.
* All work submitted must be the authors own work. Any stories that contain scenes or plot lines that bear a striking resemblance to previously published work are in breach of copyright law and will not be considered.
* We only accept electronic submissions and cannot accept paper submissions.
* You will receive a response (a request for full manuscript or a decline) in approximately 12 weeks. Please do not ask for the status of your query before week 12 unless you are retracting your submission. After week 12, you are welcome to send an email requesting an update.
MANUSCRIPT FORMATTING REQUIREMENTS
* File type: .rtf or .doc only
* 12pt black font (Times New Roman)
* Line spacing: 2 (double spaced)
* Margins: 1″ all One space between sentences, not two, please.
* No double-spaces or extra returns between paragraphs
* Use your word processing functions to indent new paragraphs.
* Do not tab or use the space bar. Page-breaks between chapters Do not use style elements or sections breaks Page numbers should appear at the bottom of each page, centered (use a footer).
* Your name and title of your book should appear at the top of each page, centered (use a header).
* Please use spell check. No bold, underlined, or other special fonts except italic, used only where appropriate.
* No use of all-caps to indicate shouting or intense emotion.
* Point-of-view: We prefer first or third person. Limit point-of-view to essential characters.
* Punctuation: Keep it simple. Eliminate clusters of emdashes and/or ellipses. No use of multiple end of sentence punctuation!!?! One is sufficient.
* Repetitive word use: Eliminate repeated words and phrases in proximity and throughout the work. Eliminate as much passive voice as possible and use active voice.
* Sentence structure: Generally speaking, it should be varied to avoid striking uncomfortable rhythms. Beware of paragraphs with every sentence starting with articles and/or pronouns. Beware any overabundance of present progressive verb tense, possessive pronouns, -ly adverbs, and prepositional phrases.
* Dialogue tags: Sometimes, less really is more. Not every line needs a tag, and “said” and “asked” are just fine. Use a good mix of action and/or speaker attribution tags. Seek balance and clarity when distributing front, middle, or end.