Unless you are an existing author with us, we are accepting submissions from Australian/New Zealand authors ONLY.
We are no longer accepting any of the following genres:
Children’s Stories/Picture Books
To Submit your Manuscript, please go to THIS PAGE.
ASJ Publishing is a publisher of POD (Print On Demand), Audiobooks & Ebooks.
ASJ Publishing provides the author with editorial services, an ISBN number, cover art, book trailer and standard distribution. These services are free to the author.
Books published by us will be listed on our website, Amazon.com, Kindle, Smashwords, iTunes and on various third party sites.
We do not accept submissions that you currently have submitted to other publishers, nor do we accept manuscripts that are not completed.
We respond to queries within two weeks and full submissions within 90 days.
Submissions MUST BE in .DOC or .RTF format, or it will be rejected. We do not accept “mailed” copies of manuscripts.
We publish fiction & non-fiction novels and novellas.
Novella: 20,001 – 35, 000 words
Short Novel: 35,001 – 60,000 words
Novel: 60,001 – 100,000+ words
OPEN TO THE FOLLOWING GENRES
FICTION: Horror, Christian, Suspense, Thriller, Mystery, Sci-Fi/Fantasy, Historical, Comedy, Action/Adventure, Young Adult
NON-FICTION: Business, Religious, Inspirational, Cookbooks, How-To Guides, Motivational
How to Submit a Manuscript
*Send submissions by email attachment in either rtf (Rich Text Format) or .doc (Microsoft Office). (No PDF files please)
* On the first page include your name and your email/contact information. Often your manuscript will be separated from your email so we have no way of contacting you if we need to get back to you.
* The manuscript must be completed. We don’t accept “ideas” for a novel, or partly finished manuscripts unless they are with one of our prior authors. * Don’t send us your first try. Make sure your book in polished and all of your typos are corrected. Manuscripts with poor spelling and grammar will be rejected.
* Please do not send a full manuscript at this time. If we want a full manuscript, we will request one.
* All work submitted must be the authors own work. Any stories that contain scenes or plot lines that bear a striking resemblance to previously published work are in breach of copyright law and will not be considered.
* We only accept electronic submissions and cannot accept paper submissions.
* You will receive a response (a request for full manuscript or a decline) in approximately 12 weeks. Please do not ask for the status of your query before week 12 unless you are retracting your submission. After week 12, you are welcome to send an email requesting an update.
MANUSCRIPT FORMATTING REQUIREMENTS
* File type: .rtf or .doc only
* 12pt black font (Times New Roman)
* Line spacing: 2 (double spaced)
* Margins: 1″ all One space between sentences, not two, please.
* No double-spaces or extra returns between paragraphs
* Use your word processing functions to indent new paragraphs.
* Do not tab or use the space bar. Page-breaks between chapters Do not use style elements or sections breaks Page numbers should appear at the bottom of each page, centered (use a footer).
* Your name and title of your book should appear at the top of each page, centered (use a header).
* Please use spell check. No bold, underlined, or other special fonts except italic, used only where appropriate.
* No use of all-caps to indicate shouting or intense emotion.
* Point-of-view: We prefer first or third person. Limit point-of-view to essential characters.
* Punctuation: Keep it simple. Eliminate clusters of emdashes and/or ellipses. No use of multiple end of sentence punctuation!!?! One is sufficient.
* Repetitive word use: Eliminate repeated words and phrases in proximity and throughout the work. Eliminate as much passive voice as possible and use active voice.
* Sentence structure: Generally speaking, it should be varied to avoid striking uncomfortable rhythms. Beware of paragraphs with every sentence starting with articles and/or pronouns. Beware any overabundance of present progressive verb tense, possessive pronouns, -ly adverbs, and prepositional phrases.
* Dialogue tags: Sometimes, less really is more. Not every line needs a tag, and “said” and “asked” are just fine. Use a good mix of action and/or speaker attribution tags. Seek balance and clarity when distributing front, middle, or end.